First Insight is on the leading edge of advanced predictive analytics for retailers utilizing social networking in an innovative way. We are looking for smart, talented, high-energy individuals who will share our vision and enthusiasm. There has never been a more exciting time to be a part of our company.
The Business Analyst at First Insight is an integral part of First Insight’s Account Management Organization and serves as a vital link between its technical solution offering and the strategic business objectives of First Insight and its customers.
Strategy & Planning
- Work directly with First Insight’s Account Management organization to identify customer pain points and design Insight Strategies to deliver customer value.
- Implement existing and develop new financial models to quantify the value of First Insight’s predictive analytics solution on the sales and gross margin of First Insight’s customers.
- Execute departmental initiatives related to profitability, customer retention, loyalty, security, and processing integrity.
- Develop and produce monthly performance and quality metrics.
- Participate as needed as Subject Matter Expert in Product.
Implementation & Deployment
- Work in conjunction with Strategic Relationship Managers to design, build, and deploy customer Insights per the agreed-upon Insight Strategy and per First Insight’s best practices.
- Conduct and participate in customer meetings.
- Pay close attention to project team needs, anticipate problems and recommend solutions.
- Work with customer’s Consumer Insights (or like ) Group to analyze information that comes from First Insight’s testing Protocols.
- Train junior members of the Account Management organization, particularly in the areas of Insight management, quantifying value, and Insight Design Best Practices.
- Learn and effectively communicate company’s marketing message to our customers.
- University degree in the field of mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics, business administration or industrial administration is required.
- An advanced degree is a plus.
Knowledge & Experience
- Established proficiency in MS Office with advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to translate business problems to action plans.
- Familiarity with social media technologies.
- Previous retail experience is a plus.
- Experience with R, SAS, SPSS, or other statistical software package is a plus.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think creatively and in broad terms to develop opportunities for the company.