First Insight, Inc. is seeking a well-qualified Test Engineer with good experience in writing and executing test plans and test cases and with familiarity and interest in automated testing. This candidate’s primary responsibility will be to develop test plans as needed, review and update test cases written by the offshore QA team, help manage the test case library, and execute high-priority or complex manual tests for First Insight’s consumer engagement tools as part of a cross-functional agile team.
- Write test plans as needed.
- Review and update test cases written by the offshore testing team.
- Write new test cases as needed and help keep the test case library up to date.
- Perform manual static testing as needed.
- Participate in prioritization of bugs in release cycles.
- Participate in the design and test development of new and existing software solutions.
- Develop and execute automatic test cases.
- Work with offshore testing team and provide support as needed.
Formal Education & Certification
University degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or another rigorous discipline is required. An advanced degree in one these fields is a plus.
Knowledge & Experience
- 3+ years work experience writing and executing test plans and test plans.
- Basic database skills.
- Good experience with different operating systems, with emphasis on Unix variants.
- Ability to debug and resolve difficult technical problems.
- An understanding of object oriented programming a plus.
- Familiarity with automated testing tools such as Selenium and JMeter; proficiency with these skills a plus.
- Familiarity with unit testing tools such as TestNG or JUnit; proficiency with these tools a plus
- Exposure to iterative and incremental agile software development methodology.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Focus on the important testing and project priorities
- Effectively balance curiosity about tests, test results, and bugs with project constraints on budget and schedule.
- Understand the role of testing within the software development cycle while effectively advocating for the best possible customer experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to operate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with an offshore testing team.