Full-time, direct hire position with competitive compensation and excellent benefits!
First Insight, Inc. is seeking a Junior Software Engineer for its InsightSUITE team. You will be part of an agile development team building enterprise web and mobile applications that enable global retailers and brand manufacturers make better product selection, pricing, and planning decisions. You will be involved in all areas of development and will be mentored by senior technologists to design and implement elegant, scalable code that meets our Definition of Done. We are looking for candidates interested in growing their technology skills and a desire to make a global impact in a fast-growing company.
Work on an agile team to marshal user stories through to successful completion. This includes: developing application code, writing unit tests, working with QA to make sure test cases are written appropriately, and fixing any bugs arising from testing.
- Participate in sprint planning and story elaboration sessions.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Participate in periodic research spikes.
- Package and support deployment of application code.
- A passion for Agile methodologies and a willingness to be part of our Agile teams.
- Collaboration with offshore testing team and a willingness to test when needed.
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in computer science, information systems, or another rigorous discipline is required.
- An advanced degree in one these fields is a plus.
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong CS fundamentals, including proficiency in algorithms and data structures.
- Knowledge of Java and SQL.
- Experience using REST services.
- Nice to have: Experience building web applications, AngularJS, Material, ionic, REST implementation, MySQL, Hibernate or other ORM, microservice development.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to operate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with an offshore testing team.